LG Electronics USA, Inc. IOT GSM/4G LTE Principal Software Engineer (Bi-lingual Korean) in Bellevue, Washington
IOT GSM/4G LTE Principal Software Engineer (Bi-lingual Korean)
Location Bellevue, Washington
Department (Org 2) MC NA R&D AT&T TAM R10016
Job Requisition 21984
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in Bellevue, WA as part of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Principal Software Engineer
• Looking for principal engineer with hands-on experience in GSM/4G LTE RF protocol who can lead network interoperability testing for mobile products:
• Understand the current and upcoming techniques in wireless mobile phone and smartphone industry, and pre-filtering handset software / hardware functionality based on spec, verification on design during the development life cycle, and follow up on post-production issues with data analysis.
• Provide technical support by verifying handset functionalities including Radio Frequency technology (GSM/WCDMA/eHRPD/LTE/LTE-A/MIMO/LAA/5G) and Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC).
• Manages the operations of the certification or IOT programs and oversee the development of standards and testing materials.
• Manage and coordinate interoperability testing events from development stage to certification stage including Domestic and Global field network.
• Support to get carrier certification for all mobile products and technical end point to carrier for the field network issues.
• Technical analysis on the technical RF protocol issues with R&D department and technical communication channel between carrier and R&D department for IOTs.
• Communicate and collaborate with wireless mobile carrier including Lab support, 3rd party companies and internal departments such as R&D, Standards, Quality, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing.
• Create the documents / process for team to ensure all team’s milestones and engineering activities are captured to ensure they are in line with the overall schedule of the projects.
• Provide technical support by verifying handset functionalities as expected including Radio access technology (GSM, WCDMA/HSPA, LTE / LTE-A), RIL, Telephony, Audio, UICC, PTCRB, AGPS, VoLTE, Lab Submission, etc.
Education/Experience (related experience)
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar field required
• Experience in manage and lead team as well as recruit, retain, and develop employees
10+ years of experience in working with one or more IOT Core Platforms in the areas of data storage, data aggregation, messaging and cloud computing.
10+ years experience programming on embedded device technology and network protocols being used - MQTT, COAP, BT, etc.
Experience building web services using JSON, RET and other similar web service technologies
Understand and research customer requirements, industry standards, product specifications and technology trends. Ability to propose technical roadmap is plus.