LG Electronics USA, Inc. IOT Core Platforms Sr. Staff Software Engineer in San Diego, California
IOT Core Platforms Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Location San Diego, California
Department (Org 2) Qualcomm Joint Lab R10029
Job Requisition 21902
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego, CA as part of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Senior Staff Software Engineer
• Experienced in the mobile industry with understanding of CDMA/GSM/4G LTE network for user interface, applications and services to handle technical review for new feature, operating system, software update as a part of development process for product launch.
• Responsible for day-to-day team operation with customers and technical issue analysis.
• Looking for electrical/computer related engineering background and hands-on experience in the mobile product development, who can also track the upcoming new technical ecosystem.
• Communicate and collaborate with wireless mobile carrier including Lab support as well as internal R&D, Standards, Quality, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing.
• Experienced Software testing from requirement analysis to final/semi-final software acceptance and completion, which comprise the project life cycle
• Act as technical advisor for mobile device products including user interface, applications and services to lead a group of key members to drive and manage change through the organization to improve performance
• Analyze customer’s wireless network technical roadmap and propose strategic planning.
• Create well defined working process to improve work of engineering that are crucial for enabling a flawless wireless ecosystem experience for consumers.
• Act as champion of the project by ensuring resolution of issues escalated by project manager or team members and raising awareness at senior level.
• Understand the current and upcoming techniques in wireless mobile phone and smartphone industry, and pre-filtering handset software / hardware functionality based on spec, verification on design during the development life cycle, and follow up on post-production issues with data analysis.
• Manages the operations of the certification of IOT programs and oversee the development of standards and testing materials.
• May interface with outside testing organizations. Assist / Lead external inter-operability and compliance test events.
• Manage test sample devices, i.e., shipping, return processing, managing expirations for each testing (F4L, FIT, Lab testing) event and phase. It also includes Maintenance Management and Delivery of device samples.
• Position seeks proactive attitude and ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Strong team work is required, as the position demands work and collaboration across several R&D team members.
•Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar field required
10+ years of experience in working with one or more IOT Core Platforms in the areas of data storage, data aggregation, messaging and cloud computing.
Must have hands on programing experience in one of the following language, C, C++, java or Python.
5+ years experience programming on embedded device technology and network protocols being used - MQTT, COAP, BT, etc.
Experience building web services using JSON, RET and other similar web service technologies
Experience implementing services on top of cloud infrastructures, such as AWS
Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges