LG Electronics USA, Inc. Contract (IOS) Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Contract (IOS) Senior Software Engineer
Location Santa Clara, California
Department (Org 2) Product & Service Exp. Tm E60003
Job Requisition 21913
LG Electronics Zenith (R&D)
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
Senior Software Engineer (IOS) (Contract)
As a hands-on core member of our new Products and Services Innovation Group at LG Silicon Valley Lab (SVL) that interacts with multiple internal business units at LG, you will design and develop customer facing, high performance, scalable and robust IOS applications – thereby bringing in new and innovative product and services experiences that reach millions of users.
Principal duties and responsibilities
As part of this group, you will architect new and sometimes radical front end IOS application solutions that work with LG’s internal Cloud Platform solutions on Device OS’s like Android and LG WebOS for commercially released devices, as well as on entirely new platforms and hardware. At the same time you will also be responsible for investigating new solutions that bring in virtual reality, augmented reality and machine learning to the forefront (beyond IOS).
You will be expected to rapidly prototype new applications while expanding and contributing to our application framework and take them through complete productization as needed. The work will also involve some amount of real time debugging, sometimes on new hardware. You will be writing apps for the LG Phone as an example, while optimizing for peak performance.
You will work alongside peers for excellent code reviews, constant improvements to the design and architecture, and continue expanding our innovative style of work within LG. In an inter-team context, you will directly work with our UX Design partners and Product Planning team within LG-SVL and also with geographically diverse teams to deploy service to millions of users. You will also be expected to contribute regularly to our hackathons, brainstorms, and other innovation processes within the organization.
Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of proficiency with IOS Application development is mandatory, 5 years preferred
• 2 years of core IOS application design and development while successfully publishing IOS applications for IPhone or IPad device categories
• Experience with Swift and Objective C, Analytics Frameworks like Firebase, Package Managers like Carthage, other Frameworks like RxSwift, Build automation tools like FastLane, Objective-C, Node.js, Designing REST APIs, React.js, Embedded, (writing the app on a device like the LG phone, optimizing it for peak performance, etc.) and some apps at the app store we can look at.
• Demonstrated background in Object-Oriented design/development and systems architecture
• Personal drive to deliver world class software- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges
• Good communication and team work skills
• Exposure to AR / VR / Machine Learning (preferred)