LG Electronics USA, Inc. Senior Cloud Software Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location Santa Clara, California
Department (Org 2) Product & Service Exp. Tm E60003
Job Requisition 21965
LG Electronics Zenith (R&D)
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
At LG’s Silicon Valley Labs (SVL), we are a nimble and strong team working on products and services that enable a vision of next generation Connected Home, Connected Car and B2B data intelligence opportunities for LG Electronics.
We are looking for Senior Cloud Engineers that can help us take our IoT, Big Data, computer vision and machine learning cloud offerings to the next level, as we work to realize our vision of a connected home and connected car space for LG Electronics. You will also contribute to some existing cloud/backend solutions that we are enhancing and optimizing for our existing customers and partners. We’re a growing team at the forefront of connected devices, computer vision and deep learning within LG. We need you to help us develop the foundation for LG’s next generation of connected, vision aware, AI based products.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Be responsible for an existing product running on top of Scala services.
• Plan software releases and release schedules. Report out to senior management.
• Be a key contributor to future cloud services. Collaborate with our extended cloud services teams.
• Deploy and maintain a production service on top of AWS.
• Evaluate and incorporate AWS advances into current and future services.
Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years’ experience.
Job Requirements (preferred):
• Experience writing and deploying production RESTful services written in Scala. Most successful candidates will have 4+ years of Scala
• Should be familiar with programming applications based on the Akka toolkit.
• Self-starter – It’s up to us to push the next generation of products ahead of our competition
• Ability to research and recommend the next generation of architectures and advancements. We
need that experience to help us guide decision making and produce quality services.
• Built on AWS – We leverage AWS, a lot. A successful candidate will have experience building
products on top of the AWS ecosystem, not just deploying a package to AWS.
• S3, Dynamo, EC2, RDS, and Lambda, should be bread and butter.
• Should be familiar with Elasticsearch.
• Should also be familiar with data processing and analytics architectures/components. Such as:
Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, Kinesis, Elasticsearch.
• Experience with Ansible deployments a plus
• Experience with Google Analytics and AI / machine learning methodologies is a definite plus