LG Electronics USA, Inc. Unity C# Game Development & 3D Design Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Unity C# Game Development & 3D Design Engineer
Location Santa Clara, California
Department (Org 2) Adv. Platform Technology E60002
Job Requisition 21878
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Game Development & 3D Design Engineers;
LG’s Silicon Valley Labs (SVL) is looking for passionate and talented Game development & 3D design engineers to work closely with the software teams at SVL on novel and disruptive solutions that will shape out LG’s global vision for Automotive, IoT, Robotics and connected services.
As part of the Advanced Platform Technology Group in LG SVL which focusses on platform technologies for future autonomous car, robots, consumer devices and services, the candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team of smart people to design and develop AI-enabled products and solutions that help predict, personalize and transform lifestyles of LG’s global footprint of devices and users.
• Build proof-of-concept demonstration systems to show how new technologies might be used
• Create visual aspects of the product at the concept stage
• Create 3D assets using software such as Maya, 3ds Max or Blender at production stage
• Animate 3D models and produce visual effects using Unity3D at production stage
• Understand how rendering works in games engines and be able to tweak it
• Share knowledge with colleagues and support high-quality standards
• Work closely with user experience experts and engineers to build products that our customers love
• Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation in our products
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience; or a Master's degree and 3+ years experience; or a PhD. IT experience including requirements gathering and relationship building with business clients. Able to lead project teams, collaborate with business partners, vendor/consulting organizations and peer level professionals from other IT disciplines.
• BS in Computer Science combined with Art Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in game development
• Portfolio of two recently shipped games or applications using Unity,Unreal is a plus.
• Knowledge of C# and any Shader language
• Understanding of gaming technology aspects, such as 3D, UI/UX, audio/video, animation, gameplay, physics, and tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with geographically disparate and culturally diverse teams
• Some domestic and/or international travel may be required (< 20%)